Network NVO 25x25 - a network of non-governmental organisations in the field of health
In December 2012, the Slovenian Heart Foundation established a Network of non-governmental organisations in the field of public health 25x25 (short name: Network NGO 25x25). 25x25 as part of the name communicates the intention that non-governmental organisations (hereinafter referred to as NGOs) in the field of health together with other stakeholders in Slovenia contribute towards achieving the objective of the resolution of the 66th UN General Assembly (19 September 2011) on reducing the mortality rate as a consequence of chronic non-communicable diseases by the year 2025 by 25%, which has also become a target of the World Health Organisation.
In the period from December 2012 to May 2014, the Network NGO 25x25 Project is set to be financed by the the then Ministry of Justice and Public Administration with its competence recently falling within the Ministry of Justice and the Ministry of the Interior and Public Administration. Through the public invitation to tender to promote the development of NGOs and civil dialogue for the period 2012-2014, the Ministry granted support to NGOs, which is partly financed by the European Union through the European Social Fund.
The Network NGO 25x25 Project facilitates the creation of a representative network of NGOs in the field of health, whose long-term objective is to reduce the prevalence of chronic non-communicable diseases in Slovenia and reduce health inequalities.
The Network website www.mreza-25x25.si .
- promotion of the active role of NGOs in the formulation and implementation of public policies in the field of health;
- strengthening of the capacity of NGOs in the field of health;
- provision of supporting services to NGOs in the field of health and promotion of the non-governmental sector.
The scope of work of the Network NGO 25x25 Project:
- creation of a representative network of NGOs in the field of health, whose long-term objective is to reduce the prevalence of chronic non-communicable diseases in Slovenia and reduce health inequalities;
- provision of a supportive environment for all the Slovenian NGOs active in the field of public health;
- strengthening of the role and importance of the sector of NGOs in the field of health in Slovenia;
- training of personnel of NGOs in the field of health (workshops, counselling);
- informing and networking, and connecting at local, national and European level (newsletter, website, counselling, etc.);
- strengthening of the common identity of the members of the network and awareness of more efficient representation of interests of the civil society: delivering coordinated legislative initiatives, actions in the field of advocacy and placement of the role of NGOs in the strategic documents of national authorities;
- searching of system solutions for NGOs in the field of health, the creation of more efficient and sustainable health policies;
- actions for the economy and promotional activities; NGOs will develop their services and products for companies and thus provide part of the income for their operation;
- creation of partnerships with the government, municipalities, specialists in the field of health and other respective fields, public health institutions and other NGOs in the field of health;
- actions for the media: the impact on the relation of the media with NGOs in the field of health;
- cooperation and exchange of experience and knowledge with European NGOs in the field of health.